Silver Spoon

I didn't expect a series like this to come from the same mangaka responsible for Fullmetal Alchemist. It was funny just how stylistically similar it was to her past work, I mean that gym teacher is just Major Armstrong. I had a lot of fun reading Silver Spoon. I've never really experienced anything like this manga previously, the subject of farming and agriculture isn't one I've seen covered before. Farming is really interesting to me, and growing my own food is something I've wanted to do for a while so I enjoyed reading Silver Spoon. I found it interesting how in the first chapter the upperclassmen just slaughter a chicken like it's nothing, because this is just normal to them. Getting the perspective of someone who has experience in this industry in the form of a comic was really neat, especially because it's not something frequently covered.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Junji Ito

Gekiga