Oishinbo

Oishinbo was another really unique manga. I don't have much experience with "cooking" manga and anime, but compared to what little knowledge I do have Oishinbo seems really different. I like how it includes tidbits and recipes for how to cook the food in the manga, and it definitely didn't help with the Japanese food craving I've had since the lockdown started. From the clips I've seen of other cooking series it seems like making the food look as pretty as possible is the main focus, but I like how Oishinbo takes the time to explain how the dishes are made and why they work so well. I think a big part of what makes this manga successful is the detailed descriptions of the food and techniques. It's difficult to make food look delicious without the use of color, so descriptions are really important with this kind of storytelling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Junji Ito

Gekiga

Silver Spoon